Tekniikan ja liikenteen ala,
The student understands the basics of the mobile programming in Google Android development environment. The student can design, implement and publish mobile applications for Android devices.
– Working with Android Studio
– Android platform and architecture
– Kotlin programming language
– interface implementation
– intents ja notifications
– themes and styles
– use of threads
– utilization of media and camera
– downloading and saving information on an Android device
– applications for home screen of Android device
– creating and using one’s own background processes
– utilization of map services
– handling of sensors
– design and implementation of developed interfaces
– Android Wear
– Android TV
– application release
Students deepen their knowledge by selecting one of the Android-related technology that has not been discussed in the course and implement a research assignment on the topic in small groups or individually. The research assignment includes familiarization with the selected technology and implementation of a mobile demonstration.
Prerequisites and co-requisites: Basics of IT and (object-oriented) programming.
Exercises (mandatory) and research assignment (optional)
Number rating 0-5