Ala:  Kielet ja kulttuuri, Yhteiskuntatieteiden, liiketalouden ja hallinnon ala
After completing the course, the student will have the basic knowledge and skills in business English used at work.
• Basics of business English
• Spoken business English (holding oral presentations, telephone English, small talk, customer service)
• Written business English (short messages)
• Grammatical correctness in English business communication
• Cultural differences in English communication (short presentation)
• Europass CV, job applications
• Study program specific terminology and work situations
The course corresponds to the B2 level of the Common European Framework.
It is recommended that the student should have received a passing grade in the English skills test if the student’s study program arranged one at the beginning of the studies.