Human Resource Management
06.03.2023 - 28.04.2023
Yhteiskuntatieteiden, liiketalouden ja hallinnon ala
Nicolas Le Grand
Tarjotaan avoimen opiskelijoille
Introduction and key concepts
- HRM strategy and analysis
- Job analysis and the talent management process
- Personnel planning and testing
- Interviewing candidates
- Training and developing employees
- Performance management and appraisal
Having completed the course the student is able to
- understand how HRM can contribute to organizational Performance
- recognize the principal functions of HR
- develop an understanding of how the principles and practices human resource management
- help firms to attract, retain, and develop its human capital.
All the components (pair assignments, pair assignment reviews…) of this course will be graded as follow:
- Fail (0pts)
- Good (1pts)
- Excellent (2pts)
- 4 pair assignments: 8 points maximum
- 3 pair assignment reviews: 6 points maximum
- 3 team discussions: 6 points maximum
- A student can get a maximum of altogether 20 points.
- The points translate as follow for the final grade:
- 0-8 points: failed;
- 9-10 points: 1;
- 11-12 points: 2;
- 13-14 points: 3;
- 15-16 points: 4;
- 17-20 points: 5
- Please note that missing a deadline equals 0 points (medical certificate accepted).
Opintojakson työskentelytavat ja aikataulutus
This course is implemented fully online. This course is completed through assignments and there is no exam.
Each study week is composed of the following elements:
- Studying the assigned chapter(s) from the course book
- Case study in pairs and peer review or study team discussion
- Feedback and Wrap-up from the lecturer every week
The 1st deadline is on March 10th and there will be weekly deadlines until April 24th. The course environment will open two weeks before the first deadline. The study teams and the student pairs will be formed prior to the start of the course.
Dessler, Gary (2019). Human Resource Management, 16th edition, Harlow: Pearson Education.
Dessler, Gary (2017). Human Resource Management, 15th edition, Harlow: Pearson Education.
Reading materials in Itslearning
This course has 45 seats:
- 25 seats are reserved for TUAS students and
- 20 seats are reserved for campus online students. FULL
If any course places become available after the enrolment period, the students may also be accepted from the waiting list.
Students at TUAS – enrolment in Peppi NOT via the link in CampusOnline-portal.