Portuguese for Beginners Online Course – Portuguese 1
15.01.2024 - 01.04.2024
Kaikille aloille soveltuva, Kielet ja kulttuurienvälinen viestintä
Helena Noto - Pedagogical Coordinator and Teacher
Tarjotaan avoimen opiskelijoille
This course is designed to students who are absolute beginners in Portuguese language. The students will get familiar with the fundamentals of the language in a very immersive, contextualized way.
The lessons explore the most up-to-date interactive tools for online teaching, provided by the Finnish platform CLANED. The course material is totally authentic, created by native Brazilian teachers of the Brazil-Finland Cultural Center. The main goal is to provide the student with a high-quality set of basic expressions and vocabulary, in order to encourage the communication in daily-life situations.
By enrolling to this course, the student will also participate in the community of Portuguese speakers in Finland, through invitations to cultural events organized by the Brazil-Finland Cultural Center and the Brazilian Embassy.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- introduce yourself
- tell where are you from and where you are
- describe your routine and hobbies
- express your preferences (likes and dislikes) and
- recognize the sounds of Brazilian Portuguese language (phonetics and pronunciation)
- Irregular verbs SER and ESTAR (verb to be)
- Regular verbs with the following terminations: -ar, -er, -ir (simple present tense)
- Numbers and hours
- Prepositions and pronouns
- Interrogative words and
- Vowels, consonants and the complete alphabet in Portuguese.
Assessment criterion: 1- 5 points
- Virtual attendance
- Exercises completed in the modules
- Performance in mid-term evaluations/exams (exams in each module)
- Chat attendance
- E-mail and messages with questions
- Submission of the final test/exam
Number of places: 20 participants
- 10 students from TUAS and
- 10 students from other Universities of Applied Sciences
The places which are not occupied by TUAS students can be used by students from other UAS.
Please note! Student of HAMK, Humak, TUAS and XAMK, enroll via Peppi/Pakki