This course is designed to students who have some basic knowledge of Portuguese language. The students will further expand their skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing and will get familiar with the elements of the language in a very immersive, contextualized way. The lessons explore the most up-to-date interactive tools for online teaching, provided by the Finnish platform CLANED. The course material is totally authentic, created by native Brazilian teachers of the Brazil-Finland Cultural Center. The main goal is to provide the student with a high range vocabulary, in order to encourage the communication in daily life situations.
By enrolling in this course, the student will also participate in the community of Portuguese speakers in Finland, through invitations to cultural events organized by the Brazil-Finland Cultural Center and the Brazilian Embassy.
After completing this course, you will be able to
• describe people, places, clothes and weather; • know social and culture aspects of Brazil; • get by as a visitor in Brazil; • know about 5 regions in Brazil; • describe events and facts in the past; and • recognize the sounds of Brazilian Portuguese language (phonetics and pronunciation).
• review of Simple Present • simple past: regular and irregular verbs; • review of possessive pronouns and demonstrative pronouns; • prepositional phrases; • masculine and feminine; • plural and singular; • adverbs; and • basic discursive genre.
• Completed the previous Portuguese for Beginners – Portuguese 1 Online Course (A1. 1 level) by Brazil-Finland Culture Center; or
• Possess an A1.1 level in speaking and A1.1 level in two of the three skills (reading comprehension, writing and/or listening comprehension).
Assessment criterion: 1- 5 points
online content, online chat, individual assignments, monitoring and evaluation.
How will the course be delivered? • recorded videos, featuring Brazil-Finland Cultural Center’s teachers • animations • pdf material • quizzes • interactive exercises • online chats at CLANED platform • virtual Meetings
Number of places: 20 participants:
– 10 students from TUAS – 10 students from other Universities of Applied Sciences
The places which are not occupied by TUAS students can be used by students from other UAS.
Please note! Student of HAMK, Humak, TUAS and XAMK, enroll via Peppi/Pakki