Ala:  Kaikille aloille soveltuva, Yamk
After the course, the student has knowledge on the target country, its society, customs and working life methods. The student understands the characteristics of the target country culture and recognises the factors which affect the intercultural communication. The student can adjust his/her communication according to the target country culture.
The following themes will be covered in the course during 23.9. – 24.11.2019:
- cultural awareness (for instance basing on different theories
- culture shock
- customs during free time and in work.
- Instructed independent work, reflection of one's own cultural experiences and background, self-assessment
- The course is divided in four different modules
- Make yourself a study schedule. The course equals approximately 80 hours of student work.
- You can complete the course at your own pace, so that all assignments are completed By the end of the course
- No feedback is given. At the end of the course, the course instructor checks that all assignments are completed according to the given criteria. There is no teacher in the course.
- Criteria andfurther instructions are provided in Optima.
- The course is implemented in English.
- All course assignments need to be completed according to instructions and returned by the given deadline.
- Student places are divided between Turku University of Applied Sciences and other Universities of Applied Sciences, so that 50% of the students are accepted from Turku University of Applied Sciences and 50% of the students are accepted from other Universities of Applied Sciences (e.g. a total of 40 places in the course, 20 students from TUAS, 20 from other UAS). If any course places become available after the enrolment period, the students may also be accepted from the waiting list.