3D Modelling CATIA V6. Versatile 3D design software that is especially used by large companies and their subcontracting chains. By knowing the CATIA V6 modelling, you are expanding your ability to get into the engineering industry.
- The students master 3D-modelling.The student are able to model solid models and also surface models, sheet metal components and knows basic of FEM calculation. They master parametric feature modelling and the production of workshop drawings based on a 3D model.
- EA-EE: EUR-ACE: Engineering design / TKNSU Competence in design:
The students are able to model different types of 3D –models. They are able to make workshop drawings according to technical drawings standards.
- YHTVI: Communication skills: The students are able to add figures and technical drawing to their assignments.
- EA-EE EUR-ACE: Engineering Design
- TKNSU: Competence in design
- YHTVI: Communication skills
- 3D modelling methods
- Model structure and the use of structure tree
- The hierarchy of features and assemblies
- Creating drawings on a model and an assembly parts list on an assembly drawing
- Parametrisation at model level
Basic knowledge of Technical drawing and CAD
Course way of working and time table
The course is studied independently. The use of the program and the learning assignments are instructed by videos. Learning assignments are returned to the learning platform.
The study material has been published on the Moodle learning platform, where you can find video materials.
Handouts, Instructon manuals and tutorials of Catia 6 system.
Course additional info
The course cannot be included in optional studies if TKKP0560 3D modeling is a required course.
Note for enrolment
Enrolment for non-stop studies from the beginning of August to the end of May. Please note the time frames for completing your studies:
- Enrolment 1.8-30.9., study time frame 30.8-10.12.
- Enrolment 1.10.-28.2., study time frame 1.10.-31.5.
- Enrolment 1.3.-31.5., study time frame 1.3.-31.7.
Studies must be completed during the given time frame. If needed, please re-register at the next time frame.