Objective: The student
• Knows the normal growth and development of children.
• Knows the special features of children and young people and can apply this knowledge to nursing.
• Can apply knowledge about anatomy and physiology, applied pharmacology and medication to nursing children and young people.
• Knows the most common diseases of children and young people to nursing.
• Can take into account and support the family as part of nursing children and young people.
Content: • The normal growth and development of children and special characteristics of the child and of young nursing/principles
• Children`s health today
• Respiratory diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, endocrine disorders
• Children and medication
• Pain Management
• Family-Centered Pediatric Nursing
Learning assignments: Approved / failed
Learning tests: Approved / failed.
Course way of working and time table
Learning material at Learn platform.
Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is two months.
The student progresses in the course within the course completion time according to your own schedule.
This course starts on 18 January 2022 and students can start their studies approximaterly within one week after enrolling on the course. The course should be completed within two months. Enrolment is open until 18 December 2022.