Sustainable development in changing climate, what has it to do with me? (Master degree)
15.09.2022 - 31.07.2023
Savonia University of Applied Sciences
5 ECTS credit
4everyone HUB, Technology HUB
Available for open UAS
Changing climate is affecting everyone on earth and its sustainable development. This course deals with reliability of information sources on climate change, its basics, impacts, mitigation and adoption. What individual citizen, organization and society should do? The course introduces Human Security Approach and teaches how preliminary impact assessment of the planned measures can be done in student’s own work, hobby or life.
- Reliability of the climate change information and the IPCC
- Greenhouse effect
- Climate change impacts, mitigation and adaptation
- Human Security Approach (people centered, true knowledge and impact assessment)
- Ex ante impact assessment of the measures, presentation of the method and exercise
Grading scale: Passed (S) – Failed (0)
Assessment is based on online exam and preliminary assignment.
Course way of working and time table
100 % online course (Moodle)
- Online study and online exam
- Submission of the preliminary impact assessment of the planned measures
Course enrolment info
Savonia UAS offers Ukrainian higher education students studies free of charge. Please see more information on free Bachelor / Master level studies offered by Savonia.