- You are able to take into account the financial goals of a service enterprise and act accordingly from the leadership point of view.
- You are able to interpret financial information.
- You are able to utilize financial information in management decision making.
- You are able to apply the most common price setting methods.
Contents and methods:
- How can the profitability of a service enterprise be affected?
- How does the price setting affect the profitability of an enterprise?
- What do financial statements indicate about the financial situation of a service enterprise?
- What kind of key ratios and indicators can be used in analyzing the economic situation of a service enterprise?
- What kind of calculations can be used in decision making?
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
The completion of the course is based on the student’s own active work; getting to know the materials and answering exams. Course schedules must be followed. The course completion is automated. Exams and quizzes on duty freely within the deadline. More detailed instructions on the course’s Learn website.
The knowledge of the basics in accounting and leadership is recommended.
- You can use professional vocabulary related to leadership in financial administration.
- You can evaluate operations considering leadership in customer, user, and other target group situations.
- You can choose the most appropriate models and methods and justify your choices.
The evaluation depends on:
- Quizzes and exam (100 percent), max 120 points.
- The assessment is based on the total points collected by the student from the quizzes and exams. Ten topics; eight quizzes and two exams.
- 120 – 108 points = 5
- 107 – 96 points = 4
- 95 – 84 points = 3
- 83 – 72 points = 2
- 71 – 59 points = 1
- 58 – 00 points = Failed
Course way of working and time table
Self-study-based course with 2 exams and quizzes. Instructions and tasks on XAMK’s Learn platform.