Ala:  Kaikille aloille soveltuva
After the completion of this course, students can
– Apply the knowledge and skills they have accumulated during their studies in solving real-life problems
– Uncover and process customer needs and pain points into solutions
– Present and promote their ideas and solutions in compelling ways
– Cooperate in cross-functional initiatives
– Prioritize work in a high stress situation
Course prepares its students to participate a hackathon event.
Hackathon brings students, universities and companies under the same roof for limited period. For a student it offers possibility to network with like-minded people, solve real-life problems and meet their future employee.
Following topics are discussed during the course
1. Why participate a hackathon
2. Team and roles
3. Design thinking
4. Technologies and environments
6. Choosing the challenge
7. Practical arrangement before and during the event
8. Priorities and scheduling during the event
No prior knowledge is required.
Watch the related video presentations, read web-based guides such as https://hackathon.guide/, write a learning diary/report, and /record a short presentation (pitch).
You need a computer or mobile phone for recording your presentation.