Expressions and Equations
02.09.2021 - 31.12.2025
Naturvetenskaplig HUB, Teknologi HUB
För öppna YH studenter
The student is able to perceive the meaning and interpretation of mathematical expressions. The student knows how to use the Cartesian coordinate system to visualize pairs of numbers and how to plot elementary functions. The student has a clear view of the characteristic properties of the graphs of most important elementary functions.
- Integers, basic algebraic operations and their rules. Fractions and calculations with fractions. Using letters as symbols of numbers.
- Basic rules of manipulating expressions that contain symbols and numbers.
- Basic rules for simplifying mathematical expressions. Decimal numbers and accuracy of calculations with decimal numbers.
- Roots and fractional powers.
- Solving linear equations and pairs of linear equations.
- Solving simple equations containing roots.
- Coordinate system, straight line, parabola and other basic functions. Direct and inverse proportionality.
- Trigonometric functions solving the right angle.
- Exponential and logarithmic functions and related simple equations.
After student has done at least 80% of this course he/she will get grading pass.
Arbetsformer och schemaläggning
Course is 100% online (self-study) course and can be done in own pace.