First you will study the basic concepts and principles of user interface, user experience and visual design. You will choose/brainstorm and describe a service and design user interface for it. You will also plan and host a user interface test.
After the course the student
- can describe and apply in practice the basics concepts and principles of user interface, user experience and visual design.
- can host a user interface test and do a heuristic evaluation.
- can design and create a web, app or desktop design using professional design tools.
Arbetsformer och schemaläggning
This is an online course. There will be three online sessions (Zoom). During those sessions we will have short lectures and team discussions/workshops. Also, you will have individual tasks and project. Some assignments will be peer-reviewed.
Online sessions (Zoom)
- Thursday 11 May 18:00-20:15
- Wednesday 17 May 18-20:15
- Thursday 25 May 18-20:15
Registration has ended 13.3.2023 and the places have been filled
- Check the implementation plan before enrolling.
- Write your personal identity number in the correct format on the form! An incompletely reported ID may prevent you from accessing the course. You also can’t transfer a credit to your home university without Finnish ID.
- Make a note for yourself of which course you have enrolled for
- Registration is binding. If you have to cancel your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make room for another student
- Please note that you will receive an email about approval usually after the registration deadline of the course.
- You will receive an email when you have been approved and an ID has been created for HAMK’s information systems. Email sometimes goes into spam, so check your spam as well.
- We require the registration and use of HAMK ID, because only then can we guarantee the availability of all e-materials during the course. HAMK’s username is also required to provide course feedback after the implementation is complete.