The course fits anyone interested in learning more about Lean thinking in production management. The course is suitable for all industries and areas of study.
Learn the basics of Lean thinking, which can be applied also in other areas than production, even in daily life situations.
After completion of this course, you
- Have a basic understanding of production management and Lean thinking.
- Will know the principles of Lean and be able to apply them in various situations.
- Know the difference between push and pull strategies.
- Will know basic ideas for layout planning of a production facility.
- Part 1: Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Part 2: Continuous Improvement; Waste Elimination; Customer-Focused Quality
- Part 3: Elements of Lean Production
- Part 4: Production Management Systems
- Part 5: Quality Management
- End of Course: Reflecting and giving feedback
No previous knowledge is required. Basic knowledge of how companies work and/or business logistics is an advantage.
Arbetsformer och schemaläggning
Mode of Teaching and Methods:
Registration is nonstop, and you will be able to study at your own pace. The course starts when you sign up. You get guidance along the way.
- This is a 100% online self-paced course. You will learn by reading, listening, watching, and performing tasks. You will earn points by doing weekly tasks and taking self-tests. As you progress in the course, the points will add up and the more points you earn, the more you learn. The course is 3 cr = 81 h = 81 points.
- Book title: Lean Production for Competitive Advantage Subtitle: A Comprehensive Guide to Lean Methodologies and Management Practices. Author: John Nicholas. Available online from the VAMK eBook Library
- Links to videos, articles, and other material provided in the learning space Moodle