The goal of this course is for the student to be familiar with WordPress as a web development environment. After passing this course, the student will have sufficient skills to implement simple WordPress themes and plugins.
- Installing and using WordPress.
- The basics of themes, plugins and widgets.
- The most common WordPress functions.
- Creating own functions and attaching them to hooks.
- Displaying posts and pages in a theme.
- Adding menus and sidebars to a theme.
- Creating custom queries for posts / pages and categories.
- Basics of responsiveness with CSS media queries and jQuery.
- Creating a custom plugin.
- Adding a custom post type and taxonomy.
- Implementing shortcodes.
- Creating a widget.
The basics of HTML/CSS and PHP programming.
The student understands how WordPress works as a web development environment and puts everything they have learned to practice in the course projects. Both projects and exams have been completed successfully.
Arbetsformer och schemaläggning
Course is 100% online (self-study) course and it can be done in own pace.