Hub:  Kaikille aloille soveltuva, Kielet ja kulttuurienvälinen viestintä, Yamk
Competence objectives of study unit After the virtual course, the student will have knowledge of the destination country, its society, customs and working life practices. The student understands the characteristics of the destination country’s culture and recognises the factors affecting intercultural communication.
The student can adjust his/her own communication taking into account the culture of the destination country.
The following themes will be covered during the course:
– cultural awareness (for instance basing on different theories)
– culture shock
– customs during free time and in work
The course is divided in four different modules
• Make yourself a study schedule. The course equals approximately 80 hours of student work.
• You can complete the course at your own pace, so that all assignments are completed By the end of the course
• No feedback is given. At the end of the course, the course instructor checks that all assignments are completed according to the given criteria. There is no teacher in the course.
• Criteria andfurther instructions are provided in Optima.
• The course is implemented in English.
The following themes will be covered in the course during 3.2.-30.4.2020:
• cultural awareness (for instance basing on different theories)
• culture shock
• customs during free time and in work.
Student places are divided between Turku University of Applied Sciences and other Universities of Applied Sciences, so that 50% of the students are accepted from Turku University of Applied Sciences and 50% of the students are accepted from other Universities of Applied Sciences (e.g. a total of 40 places in the course; 20 students from TUAS, 20 from other UAS). If any course places become available after the enrolment period, the students may also be accepted from the waiting list.