The goal of this course is for the student to be familiar with WordPress as a web development environment. After passing this course, the student will have sufficient skills to implement simple WordPress themes and plugins.
- Installing and using WordPress.
- The basics of themes, plugins and widgets.
- The most common WordPress functions.
- Creating own functions and attaching them to hooks.
- Displaying posts and pages in a theme.
- Adding menus and sidebars to a theme.
- Creating custom queries for posts / pages and categories.
- Basics of responsiveness with CSS media queries and jQuery.
- Creating a custom plugin.
- Adding a custom post type and taxonomy.
- Implementing shortcodes.
- Creating a widget.
The basics of HTML/CSS and PHP programming.
The student understands how WordPress works as a web development environment and puts everything they have learned to practice in the course projects. Both projects and exams have been completed successfully.
Course way of working and time table
Course is 100% online (self-study) course and it can be done in own pace.