Master’s level: Innovation
01.06.2023 - 15.08.2023
Yhteiskuntatieteiden, liiketalouden ja hallinnon ala
Tarjotaan avoimen opiskelijoille
13.03.2023 - 31.05.2023
The student is able to
- have an understanding on what we know about innovation and why it is important to society (familiarizing with literature)
- master some of the skills needed to be an active player in an innovation process and team (innovation as a process)
- be aware of the role of methods in idea creation (methods of innovation)
- be able to host and facilitate an idea creation process (leading innovation)
- master some of the tools of an innovator (personal creativity)
The student will undertake an innovation journey. This can either be a journey which has already happened or one which is planned or imagined to happen.
The student will be guided by literature to note different aspects of the journey e.g the process view to innovation, methods of personal and group creativity, the role of networks in innovation, the role of theory in predicting where to innovate. etc
The student will write an essay reflecting on this experience.
During the course the student will be able to communicate with other course participants through the online platform.
This is a Master’s level study unit and only for Master’s level students.
The material will be available on the online platform Canvas.
Background literature for your reference METHOD 1.
- gamestorming.com or the book Gamestorming – A Rulebook for Innovators, Rulebrakers, and Changemakers 2010
- The Innovator’s Toolkit, Silverstein David, Sanuel Philip, DeCarlo Neil, 2009
- The Innovation Journey, Andrew Van De Ven, Douglas E Polley, Raghu Garud, Sankaran Venkataraman 2008
BOOKS ON WHAT WE KNOW ON INNOVATION
- The Oxford Handbook on Innovation, Jan Fagerberg, David c. Mowery, Richard R. Nelson 2005
- Diffusion of Innovations, Rogers M. Everett, fifth edition 2003
The course will contain references to a broader set of literature and articles.